TR-369 USP - User Services Platform
Launch new Smart Home and IoT services, leveraging your own TR-069 platform
TR-369 User Services Platform (USP) is a standard defined by the Broadband Forum, evolving from the TR-069 (CWMP). The new standard is a more flexible, secure, and standardized way to manage both existing use cases of TR-069 and new connected services such as IoT and Smart Home, at scale.
TR-369 USP is a natural evolution of the TR-069 standard that enables carriers and CSPs with existing an TR-069 solution to seamlessly migrate to TR-369 USP without a need for new integrations.
The Friendly TR 369 USP Solution
Friendly’s TR 369 USP is an integrated solution for implementation and management of connected devices. The solution leverages the TR-069 protocol specification and enables carriers and CSPs to transform consumer broadband networks into flexible and secure IoT-enabled solutions.
- Managing additional types of devices – TR-369 USP supports the management of IoT devices in addition to standard telecom devices
- Service management – TR-369 USP has the ability to manage specific services individually
- Coexistence with TR-069 (CWMP) systems - TR-369 USP meets the challenges of connected device management with an interoperable, non-proprietary standard, that easily evolves from existing TR-069 deployments.
- Security - TR-369 USP is designed with application-layer security, authentication, integrity, and privacy from the ground up.
- Management of containers and applications - TR-369 USP allows users to install, monitor, and manage the life cycle of software modules and execution containers on a system represented by a USP Agent, using objects, parameters, and operations built into the Device:2 data model.
- Variety of third-party integration options - TR-369 USP provides freedom to add new customer services and third-party integrations.
- USP networks consist of Controllers and Agents that enable management of service elements.
- Multi-controller - The USP controller can be an existing TR-069 ACS, or any type of computing device in a data center, a back office, a smartphone, a laptop, etc. The USP agent can be accessed by multiple control points from a number of different stakeholders.
- Customer controls and third-party apps - Wi-Fi optimization, network security, parental control, home automation and security, IoT services and custom apps.
- Connected devices - The solution supports a greater number and more types of managed devices:
- TR-069-based devices
- Proxied devices - Standardized interfaces for Wi-Fi, Pv4, IPv6, and IoT interfaces like ZigBee, Z-wave, and MQTT - for diagnostic tests, firmware management, and upgrades, and more
- Standardized IoT management - unified management of devices based on non-IP protocols like ZigBee, Z-wave, and others
- Wi-Fi Optimization
- Analytics collection and monitoring
- Self-support app - allowing customers to monitor, diagnose and fix their connected devices and networks
- Smart gateways - device management and the life cycle management of third-party applications like security, Wi-Fi telemetry, and parental controls
- Secure communication - encrypted communications channel via TLS/DTLS
- Regular firmware upgrades to ensure that attack vectors are closed before there is a problem
- Power management - advanced power usage options for IoT devices, sensors and meters
- Multi-tenant management
- Based on TR-181 - the Friendly TR-369 USP can be implemented together with the TR-069 solution
- Future-ready solution - provides freedom to offer new services, as they emerge
Friendly Technologies is honored to receive Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Award for Unified Device and Smart Home Management