TR-369 USP - User Services Platform
Launch new Smart Home and IoT services, leveraging your own TR-069 platform
TR-369 User Services Platform (USP) is a standard defined by the Broadband Forum, evolving from the TR-069 (CWMP). The new standard is a more flexible, secure, and standardized way to manage both existing use cases of TR-069 and new connected services such as IoT and Smart Home, at scale.
TR-369 USP is a natural evolution of the TR-069 standard that enables carriers and CSPs with existing an TR-069 solution to seamlessly migrate to TR-369 USP without a need for new integrations.
The Friendly TR 369 USP Solution
Friendly’s TR 369 USP is an integrated solution for the implementation and management of connected devices. The solution leverages the TR-069 protocol specification and enables carriers and CSPs to transform consumer broadband networks into flexible and secure IoT-enabled solutions.
- Managing additional types of devices – TR-369 USP supports the management of IoT devices in addition to standard telecom devices
- Service management – TR-369 USP has the ability to manage specific services individually
- Coexistence with TR-069 (CWMP) systems - TR-369 USP meets the challenges of connected device management with an interoperable, non-proprietary standard, that easily evolves from existing TR-069 deployments.
- Security - TR-369 USP is designed with application-layer security, authentication, integrity, and privacy from the ground up.
- Management of containers and applications - TR-369 USP allows users to install, monitor, and manage the life cycle of software modules and execution containers on a system represented by a USP Agent, using objects, parameters, and operations built into the Device:2 data model.
- Variety of third-party integration options - TR-369 USP provides freedom to add new customer services and third-party integrations.
- The networks consists of USP Controllers and USP Agents that enable management of service elements.
- Multi-controller - The USP controller can be an existing TR-069 ACS, or any type of computing device in a data center, a back office, a smartphone, a laptop, etc. The USP agent can be accessed by multiple control points from a number of different stakeholders.
- Customer controls and third-party apps - Wi-Fi optimization, network security, parental control, home automation and security, IoT services and custom apps.
- Connected devices - The solution supports a greater number and more types of managed devices:
- TR-069-based devices
- Proxied devices - Standardized interfaces for Wi-Fi, Pv4, IPv6, and IoT interfaces like ZigBee, Z-Wave, and MQTT - for diagnostic tests, firmware management, and upgrades, and more
- Standardized IoT management - unified management of devices based on non-IP protocols like ZigBee, Z-Wave, and others
- Wi-Fi Optimization
- Analytics collection and monitoring
- Self-support app - allowing customers to monitor, diagnose and fix their connected devices and networks
- Smart gateways - device management and the life cycle management of third-party applications like security, Wi-Fi telemetry, and parental controls
- Secure communication - encrypted communications channel via TLS/DTLS
- Regular firmware upgrades to ensure that attack vectors are closed before there is a problem
- Power management - advanced power usage options for IoT devices, sensors and meters
- Multi-tenant management
- Based on TR-181 - the Friendly TR-369 USP can be implemented together with the TR-069 solution
- Future-ready solution - provides freedom to offer new services, as they emerge
Friendly Technologies is honored to receive Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Award for Unified Device and Smart Home Management