TR-069 Device Management
Streamline the provisioning and support of Data, VoIP and IPTV services
Installed by hundreds of carriers and CSPs worldwide, Friendly's TR-069 platform is a unified, scalable, and robust device management solution enabling carriers and CSPs to automate the deployment and support of Data, VoIP, and IPTV. The solution provisions and manages devices such as gateways, routers, IPTV STBs, IP Phones, femtocells, mobile hotspots, dongles, storage devices ,and more. Friendly's TR-069 solution is the easiest solution to deploy, integrate, and use.
The Friendly TR-069 Device Management Architecture
Friendly's TR-069 Solution Supports
- Any device on any network, automatically
- File-based device management (IP-Phones management)
- Devices behind NAT (via STUN or XMPP)
- Residential and enterprise provisioning scenarios
- Multi-tenant and multi-hierarchy deployments
- IPv4 and IPv6
Friendly's TR-069 Suite - Main Modules
- TR-069 ACS Management Portal - Multi-protocol ACS portal that enables remote management of CPEs. It allows the independent creation of new data models supported by the ACS. The system administrator can easily add new CPE types or data models without any assistance from Friendly Technologies or extensive knowledge of CWMP
- Provisioning Portal - Friendly's Provisioning Portal automates the provisioning of new subscribers, offers a single unified interface for the onboarding of all device types, and serves as a front-end to all the back-office systems involved in the provisioning process
- Call Center Portal - Friendly's Call Center Portal allows service representatives to manage and control a specific CPE during a support call. Using the Call Center Portal, the CSR can remotely diagnose and resolve problems through intuitive screens and automated processes
- Self-Support Portal - Friendly's Self Support portal reduces the number of calls to the help desk. In increases customer satisfaction by allowing non-technical subscribers to independently diagnose and repair problems related to Data, Voice, and IPTV services
- BI Report Generator - The Friendly Business Intelligence (BI) Report Generator enables the quick and reliable generation of reports related to the status of managed devices and their activities
- QoE Monitoring & Analytics - Friendly's advanced QoE Monitoring & Analytics solution enables measurement of service quality, network performance, and traffic utilization on the subscriber's end
- Wi-Fi Optimization - Friendly's Wi-Fi optimization is a comprehensive and advanced set of tools for optimization of the Wi-Fi experience. The toolset includes Friendly Connect, a subscriber self-help app, a new set of features of Friendly's Call Center Portal, and the Wi-Fi Mesh functionality
- TR-369 User Services Platform (USP) - Friendly's TR-369 USP is an integrated solution for the implementation and management of connected devices. The solution leverages the TR-069 specification and enables carriers and CSPs to transform consumer broadband networks into flexible and secure IoT-enabled solutions
- Speed & Latency Testing Tool - The entire range of testing and reporting, in full compliance with FCC DA 18-710 requirements. The tool is designed for US broadband carriers and Internet and Wireless Internet Service Providers who are recipients of CAP high-cost universal service support. Numerous CSPs around the globe deploy this solution to measure the quality of broadband networks
- NBI/APIs - Friendly's NBI/API module provides extensive API for various purposes
- Smart Layer™ - enables connection and management of any new device type for any service without a need of extra development or manual customization (i.e., no need for professional services, template creation, scriptwriting, etc.) The user interface is automatically adjusted according to the device's data model
- Friendly APR™ (Automatic Problem Resolution) – delivers the advanced capability for proactive diagnostics and resolution of CPE problems
- Smart API™ - for the management of various protocols and multiple types of devices with high-level commands. No need to change your back-office integration when introducing new services or types of devices
Friendly APR™ (Automatic Problem Resolution)
The Friendly APR™ feature can be activated via the following scenarios:
- Event-triggered by the CPE: Automated diagnostics and problem resolution based on events received from the CPE
- Friendly Advisor in the Call Center Portal: Performance of automatic diagnostics and a "Fix-It" button
- Problem Resolution Wizard: Auto-suggestion of solutions for common issues
The system includes an on-screen editor that enables the definition of problem resolution scenarios.
Friendly APR™ Use Cases
- Subscriber complains about slow Internet connection
- Subscriber complains about Wi-Fi issues
- CPE reports that the subscriber changed a critical setting
- CPE reports that RSSI signal is weak on the 4G network
Here are a few deployment scenarios that Friendly supports:
- On Premises - separate systems with optional top management layer to aggregate reports
- Cloud-based – separate instances with optional top management layer to aggregate reports
- Cloud-based - one system with multiple tenants and unlimited hierarchies (see the illustration below)
- Modular option – the ability to integrate with the existing solutions
Friendly’s TR-069 solution supports all types of devices over TR-069/TR-369 USP, SNMP and other protocols. With the Friendly solution, all devices can be managed on one platform.
Dramatic Cost Reduction
Based on the experience of our 200 + customers, Friendly's device management solution automates first-time installation (by reducing the need for truck-roll), reduces the number of calls to the support center, and shortens the average call handling time by up to 60%.
Full Support of the TR-069 Standard
Friendly's TR-069 ACS solution provides full support of the TR-069 standard, including all of its subsequent technical reports. The solution supports the "Must," "Recommended," and "Optional" features of the TR-069 as described by the Broadband Forum. The additional support is added as the technical report updates are released by the Broadband Forum.
The Friendly TR-069 ACS's scalability allows the support of a virtually unlimited number of CPE devices. The ACS builds on the widely implemented application server and database technologies. It uses the same level of load-balancing, clustering, and failure recovery techniques to provide massive scalability, improved reliability, and availability for large-scale web sites and enterprise applications and supports a growing customer base.
What makes Friendly's TR-069 the most competitive solution on the market?
- Friendly's TR-069 is the most widely installed device management solution in the world
- Friendly Technologies is a product company the maximizes automation and ease of use and minimizes the need for professional services
- Built to grow - in scale, scope or functionality
- Modular solution - select the best solution for you
- Friendly champions an open standard approach, enabling freedom of HW vendor choice
- A future-ready solution (IoT) - add new services whenever you are ready, without a need to change your existing device management solution
- Friendly is attentive to customer needs. We are agile, dynamic, and responsive. Friendly tackles in weeks the projects that take other companies months to complete.
Friendly Technologies is honored to receive Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Award for Unified Device and Smart Home Management
- Reduce deployment costs with zero touch provisioning
- Reduce operational costs by remotely managing all devices on a single platform
- Improve customer experience with automated monitoring and problem resolution
- Reduce support costs with support center and self support portal
- Ongoing support of the full TR-069 specification