Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client
Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client and SDK (FOCS) is a framework implementing OMA-DM 1.2 protocol. Friendly's OMA-DM Embedded Client is designed for devices with more resources and additional requirements. The OMA-DM embedded client is ideal for device manufacturers and mobile carriers and allows the deployment of embedded clients for device management and support—specifically for devices that run on a Linux/Android OS, such as dongles, gateways, 4G routers, healthcare and security devices, and cars. The Friendly OMA-DM Client supports advanced features and has been successfully tested and deployed by major US-based carriers.
Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client provides a rich feature set to support device's manageability:
- Full support of the OMA-DM and OMA-CP protocol
- Extensive SDK with implementation samples
- Support of OMA-DM data model
- Support of Linux and non-Linux OS
- FUMO - Firmware Upgrade over the air
- Configuration Management
- SCOMO - Software Management and Update
- High level security
- OMA-DM v1.2
- OMA-FUMO v1.0.2
- OMA-SCOMO v1.0
- OMA-LAWMO v1.0
OMA-DM v2, is planned for next version.
Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client is designed to support different security requirements:
- HTTP and WSP to provide an alternative authentication based on shared secrets
- SSL 3.x and TLS 1.x
- Basic Authentication type (Logging)
- Digest Authentication type (MD5)
- HMAC Authentication type
- SOCKS 5 proxy tunneling
- Embedded Linux with kernels compatible with v 2.6.x and above
- Porting layers available to port the software to non-Linux operating systems.
Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client is implemented using C programming language.
Friendly OMA-DM Client SDK with sample plugin management objects has storage foot-print of 2MB. Run-time foot-print should be assessed according to implementation, please contact us for assistance.
Friendly OMA-DM Embedded Client includes management core (Engine API, OMA-DM protocol support, Management Tree API, Utils) and plug-in management objects
- OMA-DM 1.2 communication protocol for management of various types of devices
- OMA-DM Management Object - an integral part of OMA-DM Management Tree
- SCOMO 1.0 - OMA-DM subset of requirements to implement software component management operations on devices
- FUMO 1.0.2 - OMA-DM subset of requirements to implement firmware update on devices
- LAWMO 1.0 - OMA-DM subset of requirements to implement lock-n-wipe, factory reset operations on devices
- Connection request via WAP push - sending notification message via WAP/SMS gateway to initiate connection from OMA-DM client device to OMA-DM server
- OMA-CP 1.1 provisioning support - specification for client provisioning with device settings via WAP/SMS gateway